Fire Log: Car Crashes and Wires on Fire
Find out what your fire company responded to last week.
Springfield Fire Company No. 44 is busy responding to alarms, working fires and motor vehicle accidents. The following is a list of activity for the past week.
SPRINGFIELD FIRE REPORT
Springfield Fire Company No. 44
Compiled by Fire Chief Robert J. Woolson
- 01-21 Broomall-Assist House Fire
- 01-21 Hemlock & Eagle-MVA W/Injuries
- 01-22 200 Blk. Powell Rd.-Wires On Fire
- 01-22 Collingdale-Assist Rapid Intervention Team
- 01-23 Media-Assist Building Fire
- 01-23 600 Blk. S. Chester Rd.-Fire Alarm
- 01-23 1200 Blk. E. Woodland Ave.-Fire Alarm-Hazardous Condition
- 01-23 Baltimore & Andrew-MVA W/Injuries
- 01-23 200 Blk. Maple St.-Smoke Detector Activation
- 01-23 700 Blk. Beattyview Ln.-House Fire
- 01-24 1200 Blk. E. Woodland Ave.-Fire Alarm-Hazardous Condition
- 01-24 500 Blk. Baltimore Pk.-Natural Gas Leak Inside
- 01-24 Springfield & Longview-MVA W/Injuries
- 01-25 300 Blk. Hawarden Rd.-Wires On Fire
- 01-25 Swarthmore-Assist Carbon Monoxide Leak
- 01-26 Springfield Country Club-Fire Alarm-Hazardous Condition
- 01-27 Rose Tree-Assist Apartment Fire
- 01-27 900 Blk. Springhaven Rd.-Trash Fire
Springfield Fire Company: Cadet Program
The Springfield Fire Company for the first time, recently established a Cadet Program. Fire companies around the country have organized Fire Company Cadet Program’s. These programs serve as a means of personal, and professional development for the youth of the communities they serve. The program gives the youth of the community both the opportunity to serve their community, as well as a recruiting pool for the fire company.
The Springfield Fire Company is currently looking for members of its community ages 14-15 to participate in this program. For more information and Cadet program applications, click here to printed them out, complete, then return to the Springfield Fire Station.
Fire Company hours suitable for the turning in of completed applications include, Tuesdays 7-9 p.m., Thursdays 7-9 p.m., and Saturdays 9-11 a.m.