Get Out: Polar Express Matinee, Brunch with Santa and More
Here's your quick guide to what's going on this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local and regional events.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Springfield Township Library
- Why Go: Based on the classic children's book, The Polar Express (PG) is about a boy who is trying to find out the truth about Santa Claus and ends up taking an adventure on a train ride to the North Pole.
- Cost: $1
- When: Sunday, Dec. 23 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Springfield Country Club
- Why Go: Enjoy an all you can eat buffet and Santa at the Springfield Country Club.
- Cost: $25.95, Ages 2-12 $14.95
- When: Ongoing through December 24
- Where: Linvilla Orchards, 137 W Knowlton Road, Media
- Why Go: Come see the farm decorated for Christmas. See the Christmasland display and visit with the animals. The Christmas Shop & Garden Center features wreaths, freshly cut trees, greens & holly, decorations, fruit and gift baskets, Christmas gifts, hot mulled cider & children's crafts. On Saturdays and Sundays, visit with Santa Clause between 1 - 3 p.m. Take a hayride to the field and cut down your own Christmas tree.
- Cost: Free, Tree cutting costs $59.99
- When: Nightly from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Rose Tree Park, 1671 N Providence Rd, Media
- Why Go: Enjoy dozens of decorated lit trees and festive displays. Bring the kids to see displays of everyone's favorite characters, Charlie Brown & the Peanuts Gang and Santa & his Reindeer. The trees are lit nightly from 5:30 - 9:30 for public enjoyment.
- Cost: Free
- When: December 22 at 5 and 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Linvilla Orchards, 137 N Knowlton Rd, Media
- Why Go: Celebrate the ancient tradition of Wassailing and sing Christmas Carols around a campfire. Roast marshmallows and enjoy delicious apple cider.
- Cost: $5 per person