Roof Fire Breaks Out at Swarthmore Pizza
Fire on the roof of the building was caused by a wood burning stove.
Just after midnight, July 22, a fire broke out on the roof of the Swarthmore Pizza at 601 South Chester Road in the Borough of Swarthmore.
The call originally came in as an automatic fire alarm but was quickly upgraded to a call of smoke in the building; Fire on the roof of the building was caused by a wood burning stove, Springfield Fire Company 44 Deputy Fire Chief Michael Huczko told Springfiled Patch.
Springfield Fire Company responded as well as Swarthmore, Media and Ridley fire companies.
The fire was brought under control in an under an hour and a half. No injuries were reported. The fire is currently under investigation.