Springfield Turkey Fund Delivers
Here's a breakdown of how over $8,700 in donated money was divided up to help family in need in the school district over the holidays.
The following is a press release from the Springfield School District.
The Springfield and Morton community continues to care for our neighbors in need. The annual Turkey Fund, facilitated by SHS Teacher Dave Ash, provided the following to make sure the holiday season could be enjoyed by all residents. A big thank you to everyone who made this possible.
· ETR CAN DRIVE: 7,100 Items
· District Turkey Raffle: $775.00
· High School Student Council Collections: $1597.62
· High School Turkey Raffle: $346.00
· Scenic Hills Elementary School Donation: $2250.00
· Women’s Club of Springfield Donation: $100.00
· Fresh Donated Produce Arranged By Steve Todaro & Louis Penza of Pinto Bros.
· 26 FREE Turkeys from Giant Coupons donated by staff and parents.
· White Tag Tree In Each Building Generated Over 200 Gifts for children.
· Produce Pick Up & Deliveries Made By SSD District Maintenance Dept.
· 4 Pallets of Left Over Produce and 4 Food Boxes Delivered To Area Food Shelters.
· Support from Springfield Hospital, Springfield/Morton Police and Springfield Ambulance.
· Springfield Fire Company food drive generated 6 pallets of canned goods.
· Food Packers Represented By: SHS Students, Scenic Hills Elem. Students, St. Francis Students, District Administrative Staff, Teachers, Principals, Concerned Citizens, Springfield/Morton Police & Fire.
· Deliveries Made By District Staff, Police, Springfield Fire Co., St. Francis Parents, Ministerium, Retired Staff, Springfield Hospital.
Total Food Boxes Delivered: 104
Total Fruit Baskets Delivered: 5
Total 2012 Funds Collected: $8703.93