Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local and regional events.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 29 from 8 - 11 p.m.
- Why Go: Teens age 14 - 19 can enjoy a night of clubbing at the Sports Arena. There will be black glow lighting, glow stick give-aways, and the hottest hip hop/electro/dubstep/top 40 music for dancing.
- Cost: $20 at door
- When: Nightly from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy dozens of decorated lit trees and festive displays. Bring the kids to see displays of everyone's favorite characters, Charlie Brown & the Peanuts Gang and Santa & his Reindeer. The trees are lit nightly from 5:30 - 9:30 for public enjoyment.
- Cost: Free
Dr. Dolittle with Bill Vargus
- When: Ongoing through January 6
- Where: Media Theatre, 104 East State Street, Media
- Why Go: The show is ongoing through January 6, but this Saturday, Dec. 29 is the last 2 p.m. matinee that will include a visit from the Philadelphia Zoo's 'Zoo on Wheels' exhibit.
- Cost: $37 child, $47 senior, $57 adult
- When: Saturday, Dec. 29 from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Road, Media
- Why Go:Hiking under a winter moon is a magical experience. We will learn about which animals and birds may be out at night and look to see if we can spot them. The night concludes with hot drinks, cookies and a bonfire. Dress warmly and bring a flashlight.
- Cost: Pre-registration required; $6 members, $8 non-members
Upper Darby Shooting Stars Flapjack Fundraiser
- When: Saturday, Dec. 29 from 8 - 10 a.m.
- Where:Applebee's Havertown
- Why Go: It will be like a scene from Glee with these young performers from area high schools breaking into song every 30 minutes while you enjoy an all-you-can-eat breakfast. This talented bunch of kids will also be your greeters, and wait staff that morning. The cost is $7 per person and includes juice, soda, tea, coffee, unlimited pancakes and sausage. Tickets can be purchased at the door or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: $7