Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local and regional events.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Holy Cross Parish Hall, 240 North Bishop Avenue, Springfield
- Why Go: There will be over 75 talented crafters, featuring unique gifts, candles, jewelry, indoor/outdoor decorations, delicious food and much more!
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Swarthmore United Methodist Church, 129 Park Ave, Swarthmore
- Why Go: Shop for a great cause. Enjoy a selection of handmade crafts including jewelry, purses, hand knits, fiber arts and fine art. In addition, there will be a wide selection of brand new “Re-Giftables,” including toys, household goods, art work, toiletries, candles, pottery, jewelry and more. For up to the minute information and the growing list of vendors, please visit their Facebook page or website.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 and Saturday, Dec. 1 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Cardinal O’Hara High School
- Why Go: The Cardinal O’Hara Theater Department presents a fall production of “Peter Pan.”
- Cost: $12.00 for evening and $10.00 for matinee performance
6th Annual Holiday Cruise For Kids
- When: Sunday, Dec. 2 from 9 – 11 a.m.
- Where: Rose Tree Park
- Why Go: The Delco Crusiers 6th Annual Holiday Cruise For Kids will be held at Rose Tree Park. Santa, Mrs. Clause, the Elves and Reindeer will all be at the park from 9 – 11 a.m., collecting unwrapped toys for the Toys for Tots Program in conjunction with Riddle Hospital and The Pediatric Ward at Crozer-Chester Hospital. At 11 a.m., Santa will be lead by a group of car and bike enthusiasts and Rose Tree Fire Co. along a route from the park to Granite Run Mall To Riddle Hospital then down Rte 352 thru Middletown, Brookhaven (assisted by Brookhaven Fire Co.) Trianer, Chester and Upland on our way to visit Crozer-Chesters Pediatric Ward and hopefully add some Holiday Cheer to those in the wards. After Party will be at Moe's in Springfield.
- Cost: Unwrapped gift
Philadelphia Zoo on Wheels at 'Dr. Dolittle'
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: The Media Theater
- Why Go: The Philadelphia Zoo will be showing up with their 'Zoo on Wheels' program during Saturday's matinee showing of “Dr. Dolittle.” The zoo arrives at 12:30 p.m., and the show starts at 2 p.m. This occurs every Saturday in December.
- Cost: $37 - $54
Festival of Lights
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Rose Tree Park, Media
- Why Go: The annual tree lighting ceremony will take place at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1 at Rose Tree Park in Media, Pa. The Festival of Lights is free and open to the public. The opening program includes a welcome from Delaware County Council, holiday music performed by the Springton Lake Middle School Chorus, and the arrival of Santa Claus as the trees are illuminated.
- Cost: Free