According to code, chapter 36, dog owners are responsible for picking up after their pet's waste in public places and on others property.
The code states that owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets to prevent a "public health hazard and/or nuisance."
Chapter 36 Regulations:
- Prohibits dogs from running at large at any time
- Requires dogs to be on a leash.
- Droppings must be collected and disposed of sanitarily
- All dogs must be inoculated against rabies
- All dogs must wear a current tags
- Excessive barking is prohibited
Residents can be fined from $50 to $300, depending on the situation, for being in violation of these regulations.
Would you say most people in Springfield Township pick up after their dogs? Have you had issues with people not picking up after dogs?