Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events:
1. Early Education Fair & Sitter Speed Dating
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Assumption Preschool and Kindergarden, 135 Fairfield Lane,Wayne
- Why Go: Main Line Parent will showcase preschool and kindergarten programs, camps, and educational enrichment programs for children under 6. Meet other families and find a babysitter or nanny in a speed session at 2 p.m. For more information, please visit their website.
Early Education Fair & Sitter Speed Dating
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Reform Temple 410 Montgomery Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Same event as Saturday, only different location and different schools. Main Line Parent will showcase preschool and kindergarten programs, camps, and educational enrichment programs for children under 6 in a family fun day in Wynnewood. Meet other families and find a babysitter or nanny in a speed session at 2 p.m. For more information, please see the event listing.
2. Teens Speak
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 3 - 5 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion High School
- Why Go: This event gives all our community an opportunity to see stress and success through the eyes of students. Teens Speak is presented by the Youth Advisory Council for the Coalition for Youth of Lower Merion and Narberth. The YAC is made up of students from the following schools: Baldwin, Agnes Irwin, Haverford, Barrack Academy, Friends' Central, Lower Merion High School, Harriton High School and Shipley.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 7 p.m. - Midnight
- Where: Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: Enjoy a night of open bar, catered food, live music and more - all benefitting local charities.
4. Owl Night
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 at 7 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: Families are invited to join us for a night of owls at Upper Main Line YMCA! Elmwood Park Zoo will present their live owl and raptor show in the gymnasium. Our staff naturalists will demonstrate owl pellet dissections and then lead a night owl prowl from our Nature Center throughout the YMCA's Cassatt Preserve in search of some of our local owls. Dress for the outdoors and bring a flashlight! FREE event to the community.
- Cost: Free
5. Special Kids Camp Expo
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Where: Valley Forge Educational Services 1777 N Valley Rd, Malvern
- Why Go: Members of the community are invited to come learn about regional summer programs and camps that support youth who learn differently. Year-round programming and community resources will also be represented. For more information contact Holly Zipperer, Director of Summer Programs & Ancillary Services at: 610-296-6725 x115 or email@example.com. Snow date: February 2.
- Cost: Free