Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events:
1. Festival of Lights
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Rose Tree Park, Media
- Why Go: The annual tree lighting ceremony will take place at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1 at Rose Tree Park in Media, Pa. The Festival of Lights is free and open to the public. The opening program includes a welcome from Delaware County Council, holiday music performed by the Springton Lake Middle School Chorus, and the arrival of Santa Claus as the trees are illuminated.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.and Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Where: Downtown Wayne
- Why Go: The Wayne Hotel's Old Fashioned Christmas will take place this weekend. The schedule, according to the event website, is: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. — Strolling Carolers on North Wayne Avenue; 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. —Face Painting and Ornament Decorating at Radnor Fire House; 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Horse Drawn Carriage Rides on South Wayne and Runnymede avenues; 7:30 — Christmas Tree Lighting at Wayne Train Station. The next morning, Saturday, Dec. 1 at 10 a.m., Santa will ride down Lancaster Avenue on a firetruck before stopping to greet children and enjoy cookies and hot cocoa on the veranda at The Wayne Hotel. The parade features Radnor High School Marching Band & Cheerleaders & Valley Forge Military Academy Field Music Group.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 – Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: Downtown West Chester
- Why Go: Enjoy a truly magical weekend in West Chester. Friday it kicks off with the the Jingle Elf Run, the parade, the tree lighting, carolers and other special activities. Saturday enjoy theater, train rides, kids activities and more. Sunday there are several concerts and more activities. For a complete schedule, please visit their website.
- Cost: Free *Some activities have a cost.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 1 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Canal View Park, Manayunk
- Why Go: From 1 - 4 p.m. on Saturday, watch as a sleigh is carved out of ice. Then hop in with Santa to get your picture taken. From 6 - 8 p.m. enjoy live music from B101, holiday performances, hot chocolate and the tree lighting in Canal View Park.
- Cost: Free
5. 6th Annual Holiday Cruise For Kids
- When: Sunday, Dec. 2 from 9 – 11 a.m.
- Where: Rose Tree Park
- Why Go: The Delco Crusiers 6th Annual Holiday Cruise For Kids will be held at Rose Tree Park. Santa, Mrs. Claus, the Elves and Reindeer will all be at the park from 9 – 11 a.m., collecting unwrapped toys for the Toys for Tots Program in conjunction with Riddle Hospital and The Pediatric Ward at Crozer-Chester Hospital. At 11 a.m., Santa will be lead by a group of car and bike enthusiasts and Rose Tree Fire Co. along a route from the park to Granite Run Mall to Riddle Memorial Hospital then down Rte 352 through Middletown, Brookhaven (assisted by Brookhaven Fire Co.) Trianer, Chester and Upland on our way to visit Crozer-Chesters Pediatric Ward and hopefully add some holiday cheer to those in the wards. An after party will be held at Moe's in Springfield.
- Cost: Unwrapped gift