Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events:
1. Hurricane Sandy Relief Concert
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Wilson Vocal Academy and New Leaf have teamed up to host a Hurricane Sandy relief concert. Enjoy a night of holiday and inspirational music for a cause. The cafe will be open and serving festive food and drink!
- Cost: $10
2. Winter Solstice Celebration
- When: Friday, Dec. 21 from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Why Go: The Lower Merion Conservancy and Riverbend Environmental Education Center host this community tradition. Celebrate the longest night of the year with family and friends around a blazing bonfire. Listen to stories, search the sky for distant constellations, take a short hike on darkened trails, and warm up with snacks. Dress warmly, bring a flashlight, and park at the top of Rolling Hill Park.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 and Sunday, Dec. 23 from Noon - 6 p.m.
- Where: Mt Airy Art Garage, 11 W. Mt. Airy Ave
- Why Go: Featuring all original fine art and handcrafts by local Northwest artists.
- Cost: Free
- When: December 22 at 5 and 6:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Celebrate the ancient tradition of Wassailing and sing Christmas Carols around a campfire. Roast marshmallows and enjoy delicious apple cider.
- Cost: $5 per person
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 from 9 a.m. - Noon
- Why Go: Bring your family to the CREC for a delicious breakfast with Old St. Nick. After breakfast we'll keep the festival going with music, games, holiday themed crafts and end our day with a "snowball fight". All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cost: $12 for breakfast, $12 for Winter Wonderland or $20 for both. Under 2 free.