Patch users across the Philadelphia area have shown increasing interest in how to recycle or safely dispose of any number of household items. So we've put together a series of resources for you and your neighbors. If we miss any item you want to know how to properly dispose of or recycle, please let us know in the comments.
For those looking to safely get rid of printer cartridgers in Greater Philly, you've got options.
Bring it In
The following stores offer varying programs printer cartridges
- Best Buy: Area Best Buys will accept two computer items per day, including printer cartridges. Check the following locations for recycling:
- Office Depot: Office Depot accepts printer cartridges. Customers must purchase special recycling boxes from the store (between $5 and $15, depending on size) to dispose of items.
- Plymouth Meeting Office Depot
- Springfield Office Depot
- West Norriton Office Depot
- Staples: Staples locations offer free drop off spots for printer cartridges.
- Narberth Staples
- Bryn Mawr Staples
- Havertown Staples
- Villanova Staples
- Roxborough Staples
- Chestnut Hill Staples
- Target: Target will accept printer cartridges for free.
- City Avenue Target
- Plymouth Meeting Target
- Wegmans: The grocery store has recycle containers for printer cartirdges at their stores' main entry.
- Malvern Wegmans
- King of Prussia Wegmans
Check the Manufacturer
Many computer and electronic manufactures offer take-back and recycling programs to allow consumers to return their products safely.
The following companies will accept mailed-back products for recycling:
Let the County Handle It
- Montgomery County has a series of recycling centers throughout the county that accept computers. A full list of them can be found here.
- Delaware County holds several electronic recycling events that accept all battery types. Check the county's website for the dates.
- Chester County is holding an electronic recycling event on June 1, 2013. The event, which will be held at the West Goshen Municipal Complex, 1025 Paoli Pike, will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.Get more information on it here.