.

No One Injured in Powell Road Fire

Embers from a fireplace falling into the home's basement caused the fire, officials say.

Fire officials responded to a house fire on Powell Road at about 3:35 p.m. on Nov. 26.

No one was injured in the fire at 328 Powell Road.

Springfield Fire Chief Bob Woolson said embers from the two-story home's fireplace fell into the basement, causing the fire.

There was significant smoke and basement damage at 328 Powell Road as well as smoke damage at 330 Powell Road, according to Woolson.

The fire scene was cleared in about two hours.

Along with Springfield Fire Company, Ambulance and Police Department, Clifton Heights, Morton Rutledge, Swarthmore and Holmes Fire Companies assisted at the scene.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »