.

Roof Fire Breaks Out at Swarthmore Pizza

Fire on the roof of the building was caused by a wood burning stove.

Just after midnight, July 22, a fire broke out on the roof of the Swarthmore Pizza at 601 South Chester Road in the Borough of Swarthmore.

The call originally came in as an automatic fire alarm but was quickly upgraded to a call of smoke in the building; Fire on the roof of the building was caused by a wood burning stove, Springfield Fire Company 44 Deputy Fire Chief Michael Huczko told Springfiled Patch. 

responded as well as Swarthmore, Media and Ridley fire companies.

The fire was brought under control in an under an hour and a half. No injuries were reported. The fire is currently under investigation.

alex July 26, 2011 at 03:47 PM
There was no fire! Everything is normal. Debris from Chimney fell into brick oven causing smoke to back up into restaurant. No flames, no fire or anything along those lines. The fire departments did a phenomenal job. Thank You

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »