For the most part, Springfield Township and the Delaware Valley have avoided serious snowfall this winter.
However, the Springfield Township Board of Commissioners wants citizens to take precaution if snow does hit the town. Commissioner Lee Janiczek offered some winter reminders at the commissioners' meeting Jan. 8.
"The Public Works Department is very much concerned (about the possibility) between now and the end of March, of inclement weather," he said.
Crews hit the streets will plows if it snows. Janiczek reminded residents that vehicle must be removed from roads designated as snow emergency routes.
"Anyone who is on an emergency snow route... will have their vehicle towed," he said.
The township website says, "No parking on these streets anytime after one continuous hour of snowfall."
Budgetary restrictions caused the township to operate only one snow vehicle for cul-de-sacs during a snowstorm, Janiczek said.
"We have more 50 cul-de-sacs. We have over 66 square miles of highway. We have only one vehicle to get in there—it's only feasible to have one. People will have to be patient in getting out," he said.
View the complete list below of snow emergency routes.
- Baltimore Pike
- Powell Road
- Beatty Road
- North Rolling Road
- North Bishop Avenue
- South Rolling Road
- South Britton Road (Saxer Avenue To W. Springfield Rd.)
- North Britton Road
- West Rolling Road
- Church Road
- Saxer Avenue
- Claremont Road (Scenic Road To N. Norwinden Dr.)
- Scenic Road (N. Rolling Rd. To N. Norwinden Dr.)
- Eagle Road
- Sheffield Drive
- Hawarden Road (N. Norwinden Dr. To N. Bishop Ave.)
- Sherman Road (Indian Rock Dr. To N. Bishop Ave.)
- Indian Rock Drive (Hawarden Rd. To Sherman Rd. Int.)
- East & West Springfield Road
- Kennerly Road (Cheyney Rd. To W. Sproul Rd.)
- East Springfield Road
- East Leamy Avenue (Baltimore Pk. To W. Leamy Ave.)
- West Springfield Road
- West Leamy Avenue
- North State Road
- Lynbrooke Road (Powell Rd. To S. Norwinden Dr.)
- South State Road
- North Norwinden Drive (Scenic Rd. To E. Springfield Rd.)
- East Thomson Avenue
- South Norwinden Drive
- West Thomson Avenue
- West Avenue
- Yale Avenue